MS Views and News invites you to attend a free and informative educational event about multiple sclerosis in Huntsville, AL!
“THE COMPASS TO CARE”
Partnering with and Understanding a Comprehensive MS Healthcare Team
An educational program focused on empowerment through understanding the many aspects of living well with MS
(RSVP required to attend – Please see below)
GUEST SPEAKER #1
Karen A. Hislop, OTR, ATP, CDRS, CLT
– Assistive devices: Knowing when needed, and what to use
– Assistive device product demos
GUEST SPEAKER #2
Jeffrey Segal, NSCA-CPT, CSCS, CPTS
Certified Personal Trainer and MS Exercise Specialist
Presenting on: Staying Active -What I Can Do Today
– Live demonstrations and examples of exercises!
– An introduction to physical fitness in MS at any level
– The benefits of staying active
– Returning to strengthening exercises after a relapse
– Adaptive exercises you can incorporate into your daily life.
GUEST SPEAKER #3
Samuel F. Hunter, MD
Neurologist and MS Specialist
– What is MS? What are different types of MS?
– Addressing pain aspects of MS
– How to access the care and specialists you may need to address all aspects of living with MS
– How communication with one’s healthcare provider guides the
treatment plan that works for you and your care partner
– If facing limitations in your local community- Accessing today’s online and MS community resources- what can help
DATE: Saturday, March 23rd, 2019
10:45am – Check-in
11:15am – Program Begins
Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center
5 Tranquility Base
Huntsville, Alabama 35805
Register ONLINE at: www.events.msvn.org
If you do not have internet access, please call please call (888) 871-1664 – Ext 102.
Program limited to the MS patient plus a max of (1) guest.
Program supported by: Sanofi Genzyme
This program is provided by MS Views and News, a 501C3 not for profit organization. MS Views and News is MAKING an IMPACT on those affected by multiple sclerosis.